May 17, 2018
- by Andy
Beware “creeping elegance”
The main thing I picked up from “The 4-Hour Work Week” was to combine Parkinson’s Law and the 80/20 Rule.
Parkinson’s Law states that our work will expand to take up all the time we allocate to it.
The 80/20 states that you’ll get 80% of the work done in 20% of the time, and feck about with “creeping elegance” for the rest of the 80%.
Give yourself less time and it forces you to focus on what will move the needle, and avoid “creeping elegance”.